Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boulder Short Track #2

I've been feeling pretty tired since Deer Valley and was debating all day whether I should do the short track today....quick review, I almost got crashed out at the start followed by a crash in front of me a few minutes later. Then I had some severe intestine-area pain that lasted an hour after (and during) the race where I was seriously contemplating the ER when it suddenly went away... I think it was from taking the massive amount of ibuprofen (800 mg 3 times a day) for my stupid knee that has been hurting over a week. The course was super fun, but my rotten meat stick legs wouldn't let me make up for my poor start and I ended up in 5th.... I think I definitely coulda been top 3 if I had better luck. Damn the bad luck!! That's ok.... I'll trade a bad start at a boulder ST for the good start I had on Sunday! A big thank you to all who were cheering me on while I was in the hurt locker! :) Also, a big thank you to my friend Liz, for supporting me and taking photos! :)

Here is a mix of pics from this week and last week's short track:

The start this week

Last week's start



Yay! Downhill!



short, steep hills. Ouch

Mountain view. As Borat would say, "NICE!"

Brian killing it in the short track

1 comment:

leapnlzrds said...

yey pictures!