Thursday, May 25, 2006

blah blah

I've been having a pretty chill week. Last weekend, my dad took us on a "family" picnic to Tent Rocks and Cochiti Lake. It was fun, but my mom and brother were grumbling about the fact that we were parked on the side of a dirt road in the sticks eating lunch. For me, that just another normal day!

Tent Rocks





I haven't been riding very much. I have been feeling pretty tired...I guess all this racing is catching up to me. That, and the fact that I'm having difficulty getting 8 hours of sleep. Eh well. I went and saw the Da Vinci code yesterday. I thought it was well done, but can also see how someone who hasn't read the book could find it boring. I also went out with Jolene and Adam last night. Albuquerque...the land of my dating past. I ran into my senior prom date (and guy I had a crush on for 2 years in high school) who is in town for 2 days from guess where? Colorado. It was entertaining, and he was there with some other people I knew. I also ran into ANOTHER guy I used to hang out with, but that was in college. I get a little too sarcastic with more beer, so hopefully I wasn't too mean to people last night. ;) Whoops. For example, there were these idiots I was making fun of. I went to the bathroom and when I got back, they were at MY table with Jolene. I grabbed my purse and said, "Excuse me" and sat somewhere else till they left. Maybe I should be nicer?

My parents have been spoiling me with all kinds of yummy food. Behold...king crab. I wouldn't want to run into one of these...look at the size of that leg!





Tomorrow I'm leaving Albuquerque, vacation is over...sort of. I'm going to Durango for a few days. The Iron Horse Road Race is on Saturday which should be fun. The jerks canceled my favorite race of the year(the mountain bike race). After Saturday, I plan to just do some mountain biking and hanging out till Tuesday. Then I start work on Wed or Thurs. nooooo It's been a good vacation, but I guess I should try to make some money, especially since I have a new road bike waiting for me in Boulder! I actually miss being in Boulder...it's such a cool town to live.

No comments: