Thursday, July 27, 2006

Off to Wisconsin tomorrow...

I have been pretty slack with riding and racing, so it's time for the ultimate punishment. Tomorrow I'm leaving to Wausau, WI to do the 24 hour National Championships with Team Tough Girl. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll take a lot of pics and put them up on Tues next week. I have been trying to rest the legs these past two weeks. I was pretty overtrained so last week I only did a 4 hour week, and this week I'm just riding when I feel like it(which isn't much). Hopefully I'll feel rejuvenated and ready to roll when I get back. The season is starting to come to a close. Brianhead is the following weekend, but I think I'm going to skip it unless I feel absolutely amazing this weekend. It's a 9 hour drive one way, and I'd have to miss 2 days of work. Not really worth it. If I feel alright, I'll do Winter Park and show some chodes who is boss. Next is Snowmass Norba National and that will be my last important race of the year aside from collegiate nats. I'm going to be rested and have a fantastic race that day. It have to have ONE good race this year, c'mon! I'll take two weeks easy, do some fun rides, re-establish my base, start running, and then collegiate season. Collegiate is super fun b/c it's so laid back and it really doesn't matter how you do in the scheme of things. This year, our women's XC team is going to be fabulous!!!!

Other than that, nothing too exciting has been happening. I've been working a lot and trying to keep myself busy. Gotta make the dollas.

No comments: