Thursday, March 15, 2007

Back Home!!!

Sorry it's been so long... so I'm doing pretty well now. I have basically been sick on and off for the past 5 weeks. It doesn't really bode well for the training, but I'm starting to come around again. I had a pretty bad sinus infection and had to take antibiotics. I get those stupid things sooo much. The doc told me to do sinus rinses, and if you have allergies/sinus issues, I HIGHLY recommend this. My mom does it now and will never go back. I felt good for a week, and then I started coming down for another infection so I pulled the plug on training for awhile. I went back to the doc and now I'm on Zertec for allergies which is the catalyst for all this BS! It takes a week to kick in, so hopefully in a few days I'll feel as good as new.

I got to take the new mtb out on actual technical trails the other day. My friend Steve Wentz, badass pro DH'er went with me as "coach" and made sure I learned how to ride my new carbon hardtail. He wouldn't let me wuss out and gave me some great tips which I am eternally grateful for. :) All I can say is my new Scott Contessa Scale is really a sweet ride. On the descent(which was pretty gnarly and rocky), I could barely tell the difference from my full suspension bike from last year! I also put my new SRAM X-0 on there which make the bike even more gorgeous and lighter. Sorry for the lack of photos, I forgot my camera. Next time. It's been nice and warm in Boulder lately. FINALLY!!! I even got to ride in shorts this past week.

I decided to come home for a little break from life today(although I have to do work while I'm here of course). I love coming back to Albuquerque. I always get a big grin on my face at first site of the Sandias (which quickly fades with all the bad drivers!) I've been really busy with everything going on, but busy is better than bored!! I'm lucky to have such a fun family. :) There really is no one like the Looneys...trust me!!

I'm really excited to get some solid rides in the foothills all weekend. yaaay!! I'll bring my camera so you can see what I mean. Nova Norba National is exactly 2 weeks away. (it's in Arizona, the last weekend of my spring break) I'm feeling anything but fit right now, especially after 2 weeks off the bike, getting crappy sleep, and not feeling well. But hey! Maybe 2 weeks is enough time to get my fitness back. I know it's in there somewhere....

1 comment:

leapnlzrds said...

you can kick some germ's ass...you can do it you can do it you can do it. i have faith you!!!!!!!!! and it's nice in bldr now so hopefully you can get all the rides in that you need this week.