Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Angel Flat Tire Fire

Yes... I will give you the full report later, but it's time for bed now. Read it and I will weep my friends. First I flatted with 15 minutes to go in the XC. I was in a solid 10th or 11th with at least a 6 minute gap on the next person. I only lost 2 spots, but those were 2 big spots I wanted to have.

Short track the next day. Start gun went off and I had a super start. Katie Compton was off the front instantly. Gretchen Reeves and I were shoulder to shoulder, so I let her have the second spot. I'd rather sit on her wheel. Downhill we went and I felt like I was going really fast, but staying smooth. I felt something wet on my leg and thought, "oh god I hope that isn't my tire sealant." then I heard the horrible sound of air whooshing out of my tire. Puncture, wouldn't seal. That was it for the short track. I was feeling good and the field was such that I had a mere chance of getting the podium. Guess my streak is over for awhile...

2 comments:

leapnlzrds said...

you have been home for ages and no full report. boo you

Anonymous said...

No update to blog makes Brian Boitano want to hook up jumper cables to his nipples~!