Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Keep on truckin...

So much so, I decided to rehash my running days. The last running race I did was almost exactly four years ago, Duke City Marathon. Looking back, it is still painful. I trained for 6 months to run a 3:10-3:15 and was trained up to do it. Day before the race. I wake up with a very painful pulled muscle deep inside and underneath my right buttocks. And what did I do? Run the marathon the next day... if you want to call it that. I was in a heck of a lot of pain, but was too damn stubborn to quit. Adam came looking for me on his bike because I was 30 minutes past due. That was the transition point to bike racing. From there on out, I gave up running, and turned to two wheels.

So randomly, I decided to run a half marathon in 2.5 weeks. November 3. I'm not really ready and have only been running once a week for an hour. So let's see what I can do. I'm hoping to somehow pull of 8:30/mi... seems like a long shot, but what is muscle memory for? The reality is it will probably be more like 9 minute miles... I will have to sweep my pride under the rug. I can get fast again...maybe. :) or maybe I'm just a wimpy cyclist. :)

I finally saw Transformers tonight. That movie is so sweet. If you haven't seen it, it's totally worth it.

No comments: