Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Albuquerque

YOWZA! I'm so behind on blog posts. I'll start with the Querque. It's always great going home. Jack and I rode down together and he always makes me laugh really hard. Sometimes it feels like I never left, and a lot of times I get deja vu. This time was particularly interesting because my brother has left the nest since the last time I was there. I got to my parents' house, and everyone was there to greet me except my brother. Awww.

haha. No, my brother is not retarded. But this picture is pretty funny. ;)

Now a real photo of me and my little brother. He just turned 22 on Sunday.

My parents always hooks me up with top notch meals. My mom cooks tons of good stuff and my dad looks forward to having someone to enjoy a big, fat juicy steak with.

and then he wanted to arm wrestle. I lost very badly. On Thanksgiving, my grandpa wanted to arm wrestle. I felt bad arm wrestling a 77 year old man, and he's so cool...but I couldn't let him win. ;)



In short, my photos will let you see what I was up to. I did some work for Sunflower in the mornings leading up to Thanksgiving. We are super busy. We have revamped our website a little- www.sunflowersolar.com.

I went mountain biking a lot, and I got to ride with my shero, Nina. I'm so excited that we are teammates this year!! I finally remembered to take my camera the last day I rode. I got lucky b/c the sun was setting with a killer view!

These are the wonderful Sandia mountains. Who said the desert is ugly? And for those of you out there who are a little "confused.." Albuquerque is a mile high. It is not low elevation. This is high desert. I can't tell you how many people here in Colorado think it's low.



tough girls gone wild? Not!



This photos was taken WHILE I was riding with my camera upside down. I was having fun with photography and taking shots while moving and not looking what I was shooting at. I was pretty damn happy about this one! :)




I got to spend a lot of time with the fam. We went to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving. This year, my aunt, uncle, cousin, and her husband came from Arizona. I don't get to see them much, so it was a great time! The Looneys know how to party. I'm really lucky to have such a fun family.

Me and my beautiful mommy who is a GREAT cook.


This is the dessert she made for Thanksgiving. Death by Chocolate... no wonder I can't shed my post-race 10 lbs. grrr.


My grandparents...the coolest ones ever. They sooo fun and lively!


Me behind the wheel of 500 HP and a 7 L engine. That's niiice!

Me and my cousin, Erica.

My dad, grandpa, and his brother. They look like twins. It completely freaks me out when they are both in the same room.

Jeff and I ran a 10K on Thanksgiving. I wanted to break 40 min, but all the partying and lack of resting my legs had them ridden with lactic acid from the gun. It was also a super hilly course. There was a huge mishap in my race, but I won the women's category and got 4th in the men. Not too shabby. :)

Jeff being all roadie excited about his number. ;) haha. He won his age group in the 10K.

I finally got to see my friend Jason. His ex-gf had him under house arrest (haaa) every time I came to town. He is one of the funniest people I know.


This is Jason...

I love to go to Chama Brewing. I love that place. My brother is in the "Mug club" Jeff is sad that his mug is inferior to my brothers. haha. And notice the guy in the background with his mouth agape.


And lastly, if you make out ridiculously in a bar. I will comment loudly if I have had beer. I have had multiple beers, I WILL take your picture.



This is just a random sweeeeet wagon I saw in the parking lot. I want one!!! hehe

No comments: