Friday, July 13, 2007

Extreme Tubing

Adam convinced me to take part of the day off work on Monday and go tubing. I have always wanted to try it, but was nervous that I was going to hurt myself for racing. I came out relatively unscathed...just a few cuts and bruises. He had just bought a new tube and apparently didn't know how big to inflate it! He sent me down the worst rapids on that thing (and I got sucked under both times) until I demanded a trade. It was then he realized that my tube needed more air. Ooops. We made 3 runs down the river. It was so cold because started in the morning. both of us were shivering and shaking in our tubes. More people came to tube later, but we didn't see many going down the big rapids at the start! It was pretty fun and adventurous. Can't wait to try it again. I think this day held the record of how much water has gone up nose. I went swimming with my roommate and her friends later...and somehow kept sucking in water. Not my favorite activity.


Waterfall 1. MY response was, "we are going down THAT???? Are you SERIOUS?!?!"

Waterfall 2. Scary too. The rest of the rapids seemed like nothing.

This woman was stuck between the push-pull of the current. When this happens, you either have to try and get the heck out of there, or you will probably get sucked under.

Me and Adam...complete with dirt in my teeth. It happens even when I'm NOT racing. huh.

No comments: