Friday, July 20, 2007

Why my heart is bigger than my brain...

After being sick for a couple days, Wed night short track rolled around. I LOVE the short track and I even got some awesome new short track socks that I was dying to try. I was feeling energetic and almost normal, so I decided I would go try to race, and if I felt bad, I'd drop out. If I didn't go, I'd be mad and regretting not going. It seemed like a good idea.... Warming up for the race, I was feeling pretty tired and super weak, like someone was draining my wattage before I could produce it. Lining up, Megan Monroe asked me, "How do you feel?" I said, "Like a frail grandmother! (no offense, Grandma! ;) )" I had a great start and actually got the hole shot in front of Kerry B. I kept riding on the side of the trail so she could pass, but she wasn't. Suddenly the weak feeling kicked in and I started going backwards fast. At the start of the third lap, I was feeling like I was going to faint. So what did I do? Crossed the line with my arms in the air pretending I was running. That didn't really help my legs, but it boosted my morale to show I was at least having some form of fun. I ended up dropping out about 10 sec later. Everything got really white and I couldn't stand up for very long. That was followed by violent coughing almost resulting in hurling up the pb& honey sandwich I had earlier in the day. It took me about 10 minutes to regain my strength to ride home. Liz was the unfortunate spectator, watching me spit every 2 seconds. The next day I felt crappy too...but today I'm feeling good again. No Winter Park tomorrow though... no racing till Telluride next week. Tomorrow is my last day of antibiotics. Now Brian has a sinus infection. This is bad stuff!


The new short track socks. yeye

I think my germs were so bad that it killed my new assface goldfish. Poor little guy. (Actually, I swore it was sick when I got it two days ago, and hah, it was)

AWwww... poor dead assface. (yes, he is dead in this photo)

No comments: