Thursday, February 08, 2007

I love to play in the woods.

Ok, I'm behind, so I'll start with last weekend. Last weekend, surprise! It snowed again. It really snowed all week last week. It was my rest week, so the snow was acceptable, but still didn't make me happy. Saturday, (after a big night of partying Friday), I decided that I wanted to go for a run. After all, I miss my runner days. I live by Shanahan Ridge and after 2 hours or being semi-lost, I ended up at Chataqua. It was really fun and beautiful, and lucky you! I brought my camera. The running was fun. I was obliged to go uphill when in doubt and then go as hard as I could. :) There were a lot of people in snowshoes and XC skis. They were the smart ones. And there were the dorks like me in running shoes. After 2 months of snow, there's a significant amount of snow on the ground. I figured it would all be hard packed, and the surface was crusty. However, I would randomly sink in to my thigh without warning, so had to step lightly and run on my toes.

I was running along and suddenly I saw Santa. You'll see what I mean below. I pointed at him and yelled, "Santa!" He was a nice old man, and he was really dressed as Santa!! He said, "you're a brave lady coming out here by yourself." Aw shucks Santa. I told him he was far off from the north pole.





Santa, I know it looks like it, but this AIN'T the north pole!
The Flatirons from close to my house.



Looks are deceiving. You can be running along and suddenly sink in up to your thigh. The top was crusty so it seemed to be hard packed. At least it doesn't hurt when you fall down in the snow. This was the first time I sunk in, it was only up to my calf. Little did I know it could get worse!!

treees.

No comments: